Become a member of the largest volunteer child advocacy group in the nation which has been in existence for over 100 years. The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also greatly help Eader Elementary. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at Eader.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Speak up. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at our school.
- Help your child succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by three decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Witness improvement. By getting involved at Eader, you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a role model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
PTA membership is our voice and vote. It is not about volunteering or attending meetings. PTA is the oldest child advocacy organization in existence that gives all parents a voice in their children’s education. PTA continues to be relevant as it advocates for ALL children and provides opportunities to make a difference in the life of kids. Membership is the heart of PTA and we all make a difference.
What We Do
The PTA provides a variety of school programs and events including: Accelerated Reader, Art Masters, field trips and busses, Reflections Art Program, Teacher Appreciation, Book Fair, Family Nights and Fall Festival, just to name a few!
Value of PTA Membership
Joining PTA supports local, state and national efforts to improve the education of children and the lives of families. Membership provides the opportunity for individuals to raise their voices with others throughout the state and nation to protect children’s rights. Membership ensures that PTA’s voice is heard on issues affecting young people as well as providing opportunities for parent education, communication and leadership development. Getting involved in PTA builds skills in leadership, communication and advocacy. Active members are a valuable community resource for starting and maintaining projects to benefit children.
Who Can Join?
Anyone! PTA involvement is not limited to parents, teachers and students. Local business, places of worship, service organizations (Kiwanis, Rotary), and government agencies such police departments and community service groups are good people to ask to join PTA. Building these relationships will assist overall community efforts to expand parent and community involvement. So go ask today!
Our goal is to have 100% Membership which means one member for every Eader student. The PTA offers parents, family members and members of the community an opportunity to help make Eader the very best school for our children. All are welcome to attend the Eader PTA meetings, however meeting attendance is not required. These meetings are informative and outline what the Eader PTA has planned, we also schedule guest speakers to discuss different topics. There are many opportunities to volunteer your time and expertise for a variety of events and programs – we greatly appreciate those who do, but even if your schedule prohibits volunteering, your membership is extremely helpful.
It is very easy to join the Eader PTA online. Click the “Join Here” button above and you will be redirected to Totem, our online membership system. Remember, every member of your household is encouraged to join, even students! Thank you!
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here